Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Panel quilts >

Panel quilts

Panel quilts

Old 03-10-2017, 04:37 AM

I saw a really neat panel quilt at the MidAtlantic quilt show this year, the quilter had taken three panels that were all the same (one large image) and cut them into vertical strips that then got put back together into one quilt so the image on the panel ended up looking slightly blurred, almost as if it was vibrating. Very cool quilt.

Rob
Old 03-10-2017, 05:45 AM

There is a video on YouTube of a woman named Laura from Canada where she demonstrated the chenille effect using a number of the same panel. I think her chanel is Sew very easy, but you can definitely find her if you search quilting or sewing.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:58 AM

Here is one of my favorite ways. I square up the panel first NOT worrying if something gets slightly cut off. It is important to have it sized right before adding blocks. After squaring it up---I added the dark red border---then HST and then outer border. I have several of patriotic panels. These get donated to Veterans in Phoenix through my charity group.
Attached Thumbnails img_2252.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the link!!!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Jenny Doan has a u-tube using a panel and the attic windows pattern. Hope to make one myself.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
our guild challenge this year is to use a complete panel in some way. I have my panel and want to do a Ricky Tims type Convergent quilt.
Make sure you don't have any disruptions while cutting. If I do another one, I will make a cut list and cross each line off as I cut each one.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Make sure you don't have any disruptions while cutting. If I do another one, I will make a cut list and cross each line off as I cut each one.
thanks for the suggestion. I am just finishing one of his Kool Kaleidascopes and figured out after I already had made my templates for the wedges, that I needed to re-read his instructions a couple more times--but once I did that everything went together well.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:47 PM

I just spent too long on equilter looking at their free patterns from the last several years. The email I got today showed one using the 3 chromozone panels, which I happen have and have been waiting to figure out what to do with. equiltery has a lot of free patterns that incorporate panels.

I love panels and have about 6 others waiting to do something with.