Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Panto question

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    I've made a few of my own pantos and have tried using them and others that I've bought. The problem, I get tired of the pattern long before I get to the end of the quilt. How do you all handle that? Just keep going? That's a punishment for me!

I don't get bored...I get mesmerized! I find myself doing a row or two..then I go to the rest room, transfer the laundry..something quick and then get back at it. I like doing freemotion best. I keep my focus much longer. I practice on a white board if I want to try a new pattern. (use low odor markers-ask me how I know!!). Dont put your elbow down- you are 'teaching' your arm the movement. I dont' get as mesmerized now as when i 1st started.

When you get tired, you should take a break. That's all there is to it! You are going to do a better job of quilting when you are feeling "perky"!

i guess that's why i don't use panto's...
    i decide at the start what i want to do- and usually within a couple inches i'm doing something different---way too A.D.D. to follow a specific pattern for a whole quilt- that ranks right up there with following a pattern start to finish- in 45 years of sewing that still hasn't happened-i always make changes-
    hate making the same block twice-or the same quilt twice...or even use the same colors twice....A.D.D.---more every day :)