Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pantographs used with a New Joy Gold frame

I am about to purchase a gently used New Joy Gold quilting frame with a Baby Lock QC. I think the setup is referred to as a short arm system. I would like to know if any one knows anything about Pantographs for use with this system. Are they rigid plastic with template groves or paper strips that you trace the stylus over?

Wini - House of BCC in Houston

Blog Entries
    Someone on the homequiltingsystems list at http://groups.yahoo.com would know. It's a very active group.

The pantographs I've used were paper and you followed the design using a laser pointer.

Blog Entries
    I have that exact setup, and I am very happy with it. The paper pantograph pattern goes on top of the shelf, and a laser light goes in the holder that extends over the shelf. It should be directly over the front of your sewing machine, and you just follow the printed pattern with the laser light. It's very simple. The people on that Yahoo group are also very helpful. I have made several of my own pantograph patterns by copying simple patterns on the internet, then printing them out on a single sheet of paper, and then make enough copies on a copier and tape them together to form a long strip. Works great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    Someone on the homequiltingsystems list at http://groups.yahoo.com would know. It's a very active group.
    Thank you for the referral. I am waiting for approval right now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy
    The pantographs I've used were paper and you followed the design using a laser pointer.
    Thank you so much for your response. I am really looking forward to learning to use my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I have that exact setup, I have made several of my own pantograph patterns by copying simple patterns on the internet, then printing them out on a single sheet of paper, and then make enough copies on a copier and tape them together to form a long strip. Works great!!
    Thank you so much, you have given me a whole new world to explore. LOL