Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Piecing -- Mistakes I Made

What a fantastic quilt, that is absolutely beautiful!!
    Amythyst

I got quite a chuckle and a few large ha-ha's from reading your thread. Sounds like probably what most any of us go through when first paper-piecing. That said, I must say that your results in no way show the torturous route traveled to get there. It is beautiful!
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I took a course with Carol Doak. I had paper pieced before but after being taught by the master I now like this method the best. She is just lovely and a patient teacher. Her tips and tricks really helped me. I still have problems with triangles and still have to rip out a seam or two but I love the end result. I also love her miniature quilts.
    When I bought her book and put the CD in my computer the first time I heard a crack. It had broken in half. I went online and called the contact number and left a message. Carol called me back in a few minutes. She had her publicist mail me another CD and I got it in 2 days! She offered to put some of my quilts on her website. I have made so many from her patterns that I have lost count. I am currently making a weding quilt for my daughter from her 50 paper pieced stars. I have about 30 done and it has only taken me 6 years!!!!!!! My daughter and her husband just celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary and have 2 little girls. She mentions the quilt quite often. Every retreat I go on, I make a couple more. I told her maybe for her 10th....

Your quilt is just gorgeous. If I could figure out how to upload a pic or two I would share my Maine star with you!

Blog Entries
    Well all your frustration and hard work payed off! It is beautiful !

It was sure worth the effort - your finished quilt is absolutely beautiful. GREAT job !!!
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    Wow! If you come out with something so beautiful making all those mistakes[your words,ha], there's no telling what you will do with the next one.

Lovely quilt - even if it was "hard earned".
    Pat

You would never know you had problems! This is a truly gorgeous quilt!

Blog Entries
    Valerie Ann -- Last Super Bowl Weekend, I saw a good deal on fat quarters online on Hoffman fabrics called Batik Tutti Fruitti so that was perfect to get me started. I added other bright colors from "wherever" as I went along. I found a Moda Kona Black at Joann's and that was the one I was most worried about.
    Thanks all for the compliments..........

If I can make those same mistakes, will my quilt turn out to be as stunning as yours? LOL Silly woman, you did a fantastic job and no one, NO ONE is going to notice any of those mistakes.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast