Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Paper Piecing Question...

When you are making the paper piecing blocks they are sewn on paper. The block I completed has 8 sections. My question is do I sew the block together, then tear out the paper? Or should I tear out all the paper, then sew it together? Thanks in advance...Evelyn

Blog Entries
    i usually leave the paper in the whole time. it's a pain picking it out of the seams, though.

when i take the paper off first, i make sure to cut carefully along the printed lines of the outer edge so the shapes will match properly. i also keep an extra printout of the diagram handy for reference.

Put the block together and don't take off the paper. I was taught to leave the paper on until the top was completed...but I would at least make sure the block was together first. I think it makes it easier to piece the block together.

Blog Entries
    Carol Doak should have some free ones on her site. try looking there for help.

Blog Entries
    I leave the paper on too, I do remove those little tiny pieces in the seamlines as they are created...much easier to pick them out as you go, then after the block is finished. :wink: :D:D:D