Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Paper-piecing questions

  1. #11
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,671
    Blog Entries
    2
    The best I have ever used is the old fashioned tracing paper. Impossible to find now. Klue is the paper you use like tracing paper of old?

  2. #12
    Super Member lisalovesquilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The best I have ever used is the old fashioned tracing paper. Impossible to find now. Klue is the paper you use like tracing paper of old?
    I found tracing paper in a tablet at Walmart.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The best I have ever used is the old fashioned tracing paper. Impossible to find now. Klue is the paper you use like tracing paper of old?
    i don't know what old fashion tracing paper is to say.

    this paper is like a very light weight vellum. its not flimsy at all like tracing paper.

    its like paper except you can see thru it and it rips away from the stitches with ease and you don't have little piece to pick out.

  4. #14
    Super Member ckcowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,287
    you can still find good old fashion tracing paper...look in the childrens craft areas...(coloring book isle)it is usually right next to the construction paper :)

  5. #15
    Senior Member Nita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i feel that it does - i would always choose to see what i'm sewing instead of sewing blind though.

    the paper is called Neenah Paper UV/Ultra II Translucent 17 weight in Radiant White.

    here's a website that sell's it to quilters but if you buy it thru a paper place its much cheaper.

    $36 for 500 sheets compared to $10 for 100 sheets

    http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=1087
    Klue ~ Thanks for the website; I love paper piecing and am tempted to place an order. What I have used so far is Carol Doak's foundation piecing paper. Have you used that and are you able to make a comparison on the two products? I've had no problem in copying with the Carol Doak paper, but although I shortened my stitch length it was difficult to pick pieces of her paper out of tight "nooks & crannies". I'd be interested in your comment. And do you do alot of paper piecing?
    Nita

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Nita
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i feel that it does - i would always choose to see what i'm sewing instead of sewing blind though.

    the paper is called Neenah Paper UV/Ultra II Translucent 17 weight in Radiant White.

    here's a website that sell's it to quilters but if you buy it thru a paper place its much cheaper.

    $36 for 500 sheets compared to $10 for 100 sheets

    http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=1087
    Klue ~ Thanks for the website; I love paper piecing and am tempted to place an order. What I have used so far is Carol Doak's foundation piecing paper. Have you used that and are you able to make a comparison on the two products? I've had no problem in copying with the Carol Doak paper, but although I shortened my stitch length it was difficult to pick pieces of her paper out of tight "nooks & crannies". I'd be interested in your comment. And do you do alot of paper piecing?
    Nita
    i've used both and they don't even compare. i tossed all the carol doak in the trash once i discovered this paper.

    if you knew me in real life this statement would shock you because i'm known for being a frugal person.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Nita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Nita
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i feel that it does - i would always choose to see what i'm sewing instead of sewing blind though.

    the paper is called Neenah Paper UV/Ultra II Translucent 17 weight in Radiant White.

    here's a website that sell's it to quilters but if you buy it thru a paper place its much cheaper.

    $36 for 500 sheets compared to $10 for 100 sheets

    http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=1087
    Klue ~ Thanks for the website; I love paper piecing and am tempted to place an order. What I have used so far is Carol Doak's foundation piecing paper. Have you used that and are you able to make a comparison on the two products? I've had no problem in copying with the Carol Doak paper, but although I shortened my stitch length it was difficult to pick pieces of her paper out of tight "nooks & crannies". I'd be interested in your comment. And do you do alot of paper piecing?
    Nita
    i've used both and they don't even compare. i tossed all the carol doak in the trash once i discovered this paper.

    if you knew me in real life this statement would shock you because i'm known for being a frugal person.
    Thanks! I'm going to order some of that paper and try it out for myself. This is one of the things I just LOVE about this Quilter's Message Board ...... The fact that I can ask questions about products and get honest answers from other quilters, rather than shop owners/vendors who are sometimes just trying to sell their product (even if it ISN"T the best product on the market). Thanks again.

  8. #18
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,671
    Blog Entries
    2
    I just ordered the paper Klue uses from this online site:

    http://www.paperplus.com/productdeta...p?bvn=10016356

    It is a great value!!!! 500 sheets for $33.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I just ordered the paper Klue uses from this online site:

    http://www.paperplus.com/productdeta...p?bvn=10016356

    It is a great value!!!! 500 sheets for $33.
    excellent price!!

    i'll have to bookmark them. what did you pay for shipping?

  10. #20
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,671
    Blog Entries
    2
    I don't know the exact shipping charges. It's by UPS Ground and will be calculated by weight and size of package. I'm waiting for the email to tell me exactly how much and then I'll confirm. If you have a location of their store by you, you can have in store pick up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.