Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Paper Piecing - Recommendations

I signed up for a paper piecing class, but my instructor changed it...I don't think she wanted to teach paper piecing afterall. So, we did a different project. But, I'd like to learn more about paper piecing. Anyone recommend a place to get started? A book, DVD? I did look at past entries in the forum, but most seemed like pictures of projects. :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Amma has a wonderful Tute in the Tute section :lol: It has worked very well for me and several others on the board ! And once you have the basics you just keep going, and going, and going :shock:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/25541.page

Also check I think there might be another one or two on the Tute section , Have fun and be prepared to get addicted :wink:

sharon - thanks for bringing the tutorial to light, there are so many pearls of wisdom hidden in this web site..........

Check out Amma's tutorial first. If you need or would like more you can try any one of Carol Doak's books or DVD(if you are a visual person). I have her book with the hearts on the cover- I can't remember the title- and I found it very easy to follow her instructions. It was a lot of fun ans the blocks came out perfect!

Go to Connecting Threads web-site and then go to Quilt with Us tab ... and on any of the "search" lines type in Paper Piecing. They have a good tutorial and also some free patterns for learning ... I got hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgr5JMxNfow

Maybe this video will help you out. This is the way how I learned it.

Carole Doakes is the queen of paper piecing. Check out her books some can be found at JoAnne's. :D