Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paper piecing

I am sort of new to this craft and have been doing a lot of reading and experimenting. I enjoy making quilts for my Great Grandchildren so far. I have looked into this paper piecing and tried it..did research and found there is foundation by the yard which is pre printed. Any comments would be helpful...thank you

I don't know much about this, but you are from my neck of the woods, so I thought I would say welcome!! :)

Good luck!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    You mean like the Quiltsmart stuff?

http://www.quiltsmart.com/

I want to try it , but haven't yet

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    I don't know much about this, but you are from my neck of the woods, so I thought I would say welcome!! :)

Good luck!
    Rachel
    Same here and Rach your stuff in going in the mail tomorrow!! Sorry for the wait!

I haven't used a fabric foundation, only paper. It is very accurate. I assume you have to machine quilt.

For nonwoven fabric foundations gridded for charm squares, check out http://www.crookednickel.com/

Thanks for the information...I went on line to Foundation by the yard.. That is where I found the info. It is like paper piecing, but it is already printed. Right now I have tried copy machine on paper and it gives a perfect and I mean perfect block.

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis

Good luck!
    Rachel
    Same here and Rach your stuff in going in the mail tomorrow!! Sorry for the wait!
    hehe, well I haven't been much better, so we're even. Yours is in the mail tomorrow too!! :)

Rachel

I design my blocks in EQ7, then print them out on regular copy paper, but I have found that using newsprint (the kind that comes in cheap kids' drawing tablets) works best for me when I have small pieces and a lot of paper to remove in small spaces. I use a paper-cutter to get it to 8.5x11 and then run it through the printer. I bought the expensive paper at my LQS a few years ago and didn't see much difference between it and the newsprint.

Hi Misty Marie..Isn't it amazing how we can make do when we have it and lots of times it works better. I am going to try this..right now I find the copy paper rather heavy. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast