Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paper Piercing

Paper Piercing

The one thing I have never done is paper piercing. I have found quite a few patterns that call for it but since I've never done it I tend to stay away from it. I did a star before that was supposed to be paper pierced but altered it so it wouldn't have to be but it was a lot of work so I think I want to try it out. Does anyone have any tips? Or a good beginners book for it that I could buy with patterns? TIA!

Blog Entries
    well Carol Doak has some free paper piecing patterns online on her site. You might try some of them. start with easy ones with few pieces, and keep going from there. They are habit forming and not all that difficult to do. just seem time consuming and a tad wasteful of fabric. but you get such good results! I tried doing a very small pieced Sun Bonnet Sue and altered it to paper templates because I found it difficult. now, I laugh at that.

Blog Entries
    once you Pp, you will want to do several. it makes great points

carol doak is great to learn from. I love to pp I am actually working on a quilt now that is pp that I created myself. as long as you are careful with your lines you should be great. post a pic when you are done would love to see you first attempt.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I too recommend Carol Doak. Look for a book ( some have CD's with very good instructions) I struggled to wrap my brain around it till I found Carol Doak. It took a little adjustment in my process/thinking, but once I got it... no turning back I love it! Perfect complicated points .. its worth the extra time and a bit more fabric.. to get the amazing results.

Blog Entries
    I check Carol Doak's pp tutes.

Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

thanks! I will definitely check her out!!

I love PP and strongly suggest you get the add a quarter ruler and a few index cards. Have fun, it is fun to do and it comes out perfect. Lots of tutes out there for you to watch.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    I love PP and strongly suggest you get the add a quarter ruler and a few index cards. Have fun, it is fun to do and it comes out perfect. Lots of tutes out there for you to watch.

I found some rulers at Dollar Tree that work even better than index cards for getting a good fold. They're translucent and come in a package of 3. They come in 4 colors, green, blue, purple and pink. They have a really thin edge so they work perfect for folding paper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast