Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: paperdoll quilt- I need advice

paperdoll quilt- I need advice

I posted last night concerning this but Im not sure how to use the board yet with all of the new changes. Im finally making the paperdoll quilt for DGD for Christmas. Do I put batting in it? Also, I messed up. I was soo excited, I cut all of the clothes out and then realized I should have ironed on the fusible fleece first. What do I do so I dont mess up my iron or Ironing board? do you think that parchment paper would work with out it sticking to it> should I put the parchment paper on bottom or top or both

Blog Entries
    here is a link to your previous thread paperdoll quilt- I need advice
    to find your previous threads, or your previous posts, click on your avatar [click on MyProfile at the very top of the page] and the page you get will have a number of items under the avatar.
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Lol thanks Nancy - I was confused there for a minute because I KNOW I replied to this thread!

Blog Entries
    You can still iron on the fusible fleece. I STRONGLY suggest getting an applique pressing sheet. This allows the fusible that is outside the fabric that you want to adhere it to, to stick to the pressing sheet. After it cools, you can just pull the fleece off and then trim all the excess off around your clothes pieces.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Just trace the image on your fusible and then just cut it a bit short so it's inside and not overlapping then iron onto back of fabric...easy and simpliest way.

Blog Entries
    I used warm and natural batting in the one I made so it was not puffy. I used dense quilting to make it stiff.
    Quilting in the Desert

Yes, I second the applique presser sheet. It will work perfectly for you.
    I have some of that fabric - bought it last year at a quilt show. I'm also going to make it for my GD but not for another year or 2. She is only 2 right now so she might enjoy (understand) it better in a couple years.