Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Passed on a Morse today

Passed on a Morse today

I was poking around the Goodwill store in Clinton today and they had a very clean pink Morse in a cabinet for $50. Since today is half price day I could have bought it for $25, but I already have an awesome 15 clone so it really would only be for looks at my house. I hated to leave it there but some quilter will be very happy with their bargain later. I hope someone on this board can snag it.

Darren

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    I have more than 30 machines now and could never have left it there for $25...congrats on your willpower..lol

Quote Originally Posted by deemail View Post
    I have more than 30 machines now and could never have left it there for $25...congrats on your willpower..lol
    Where do you put that many machines! I only have 7. They all work but one and I have started falling over them! LOL

Blog Entries
    Goodness! I'd love to have a pink Morse sewing machine. Unfortunately, I love too far away to take advantage.
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
    Where do you put that many machines! I only have 7. They all work but one and I have started falling over them! LOL
    all mine work, i get obsessive till they do.... and i sew on at least one machine every month to keep them moving. I have treadles in front of windows for power outage days (i live in the mountains with lots of winter weather)... and coffin tops on both sides of them for 'cute'....and two whites in cabinets are my night tables... the longarm lives in the barn in its own room.... the sergers and the pfaff live in the sewing room.... toys (working models) are here and there.... all my featherweights (5) are on a bookshelf... couple more coffintops under the bench at the end of my bed.... they are just part of my furniture and i love them all....

Blog Entries
    Okay, pardon my ignorance.... what the heck is a coffintop???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    A coffintop is a treadle machine that doesn't have the "flip lid" but instead always sits on top of the base and is covered with a "box" that looks similar to a coffin...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    the older machines, singer and a lot of other brands, i have a new home, a washington, and who knows what else, often came as portables in wooden topped cabinets...the wooden cases resemble small coffins and so are usually referred to as coffintops...i like the bent wood rounded ones best and have several, but the rectangular cases are also called the same thing....i have one that has a knee control that you have to plug into the side of the bottom of the case and it is stored inside the rounded top in a little clip...one of my faves as i had never seen a knee control electric in one of the old wooden portable cases before.... usually they are lovely oak and can be gorgeous with a little Old English furniture oil...

I have a Pink Morse. I wonder if it was the same machine? I love my pink Morse.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for telling us of this bargain. Someone will definitely find it a great treasure. Kudos to you for making someones day (smile). Thanks for sharing.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast