Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pathchwork design book with quilting blocks and accompaning block designs...? >

Pathchwork design book with quilting blocks and accompaning block designs...?

Pathchwork design book with quilting blocks and accompaning block designs...?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Default Pathchwork design book with quilting blocks and accompaning block designs...?

Hey Guys,

Is there a book, old or new, that has hundreds or thousands of patchwork block designs that also shows optional block designs that will compliment a chosen block design when trying to creating your quilt design??? Winnie the Pooh
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Yes it's called EQ7. Sounds like you need a computer quilting program that would allow you to pull different blocks together and see them in a quilt on the screen before trying in fabric. This program lets you do all that and more.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

i think there is such a book. however, if i recall, it is old and not very available. if you can find it, it is very expensive. you'd be better, as joyce said, investing in EQ. i have EQ5 and it does everything i need it to. many have EQ7 with a few more bells and whistles. but you can buy an EQ5 for a more reasonable price.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Banned

I try not to give the same answer as others. However, your original question implies two answers.
The first relates to a book of designs. Yes, The Barbara Brackman Encyclopedia of Pieced Patterns and the second foothersr applique blocks.

If you want to do the second part, then a computer design program is necessary. There are others on the market than the one mentioned above.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 AM

I agree that it sounds like EQ7 is your best bet, but there is a baby book that has some of what you are looking for. It is by Susan Briscoe and has blocks, patterns and a mix and match for each block. The blocks don't necessarily have to be for babies .You can preview it at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Blocks-Baby-Qu.../dp/157120430X

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-17-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: removed copyright image
Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 PM

also, know that there is an add-on to EQ called BlockBase which has thousands more blocks available to read into EQ...