Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Patricia Pepe's X-block

I have seen the video where Patricia Pepe shows quilts made with her X block template/ruler and they are GORGEOUS! I wondered if anyone had any experience with this method, if the book and templates are worth the money and is it easy to learn and use? It seems so many famous quilters promote their templates/rulers that one need be cautious or the entire sewing studio will be full of rulers and templates and no room or money left for fabrics--HEAVEN FORBID!!!
    I just wanted input from quilters who have used her x block method and your opinion. Thanks Sue

I've heard nothing but good things about the X blocks from quilt shop owners, but haven't tried it. Really curious about it though! :)

Blog Entries
    :oops: I have bought it , but haven't tried it yet . It really makes nice quilts , though. I saw it demo'd in the store

There is a nice demo at quilterstv.com. I think it is video number 19 when you browse.

hey Sharon, do you know what the difference is between the x block and the mini block even though the are the same same finish size?

Blog Entries
    The regular X blocks finish up to either 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 with one cut.. the minis you put 4 together to get to the finished size.

Here this explains it :

http://www.patriciapepe.com/X-Blocks.html

thanks, you know, I read that whole site and didn't get that. Duh, me. Maybe the book will help.

Blog Entries
    The book looks great.. I have a bunch of the seperate patterns :thumbup: Bought them on sale at different shops :lol: Have you tried any yet ?

Blog Entries
    The x bloks idea looks good, and I was intrigued, then I looked at the 'Ooops' page, and was less than impressed with all the amendments to various patterns.

yeah, I saw that too. I think I can use the tool without the book, after watching the demo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast