Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Patter for round table topper

All my kids seem to have round tables and I wanted to make Christmas table toppers for them for Christmas. I've searched through all of my books and magazines and can't find a suitable pattern. Know I could take a square and cut it to a circle but I would like a pattern designed for a circle. Anyone have one they could recommend or a link?

I have a round table also, I was thinking about trying to use a christmas tree skirt for a pattern.

If you get a wedge ruler you will be able to find some great patterns - if you want the wedge ruler look.

Here are some great ideas - I didn't look through them all...
    http://www.quiltdesignwizard.com/Alb...312/0312p3.htm

Also look for Xmas tree skirt patterns - most of them you have to cut the circle out ;)

Oh - this one isn't quite round - but it is on my to do list. In fact, I need to pick up a ream of legal sized paper to do this..
    It starts on Aug 21..
    http://www.cddesigns.com/Workshop/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    All my kids seem to have round tables and I wanted to make Christmas table toppers for them for Christmas. I've searched through all of my books and magazines and can't find a suitable pattern. Know I could take a square and cut it to a circle but I would like a pattern designed for a circle. Anyone have one they could recommend or a link?
    There are a number of Christmas tree skirt patterns available that you can use for round table toppers. You just don't put the hole in them. I did this for my round table a few years ago and Love the result.

I made this quilt with strip sets and a wedge ruler. I will try to look up the book name when I get home. Was fairly simple to do with the instructions in front of me.
    This was before it was quilted. Guess I should take a picture of it finished.

Butterfly quilt
    Name:  Attachment-98962.jpe
Views: 450
Size:  82.2 KB

In Quilter's World Magazine this month there is a round table topper. Appliqued sunflowers but I was really think about doing it in red and green to mimic poinsettias!

You can view the entire magazine at their website before you buy it!

Why not a big dresdan plate?