Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Pattern confusion

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    105
    I am an avid quilter turning over 15 quilts a year to various friends and charities. Now I am stuck!! I am looking for a unique quilt for someone special, earthy tones. I would love to entertain any suggestions.. I am looking for something that is extraordinary - not that every quilt isn't. But a pattern that is seldom seen or unique.

    Thank you for any help with my quest.
    Jane

  2. #2
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,569
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by lowjane
    I am an avid quilter turning over 15 quilts a year to various friends and charities. Now I am stuck!! I am looking for a unique quilt for someone special, earthy tones. I would love to entertain any suggestions.. I am looking for something that is extraordinary - not that every quilt isn't. But a pattern that is seldom seen or unique.

    Thank you for any help with my quest.
    Jane
    Here's a site with a lot if inspiration! Maybe it will help you narrow down your choices:

    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/c-3...rn-themes.aspx

  3. #3
    Super Member fabric_fancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    at my sewing machine
    Posts
    1,976
    i haven't seen this quilt pattern hanging in quilt shows.

    i don't think it was popular with her fans because she normally makes everything in bold bright colors and this one was earth tones


    http://www.becolourful.nl/quilts/28/quiltstart.htm

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thank you for your quick responses, I have looked through many of my patterns and just have not found the perfect one.
    I may take one of each of your suggestions and make 2 quilts for that special lady!!

  5. #5
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Washington
    Posts
    19,928
    How about a bargello-? Or your own version of a big star?

  6. #6
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,569
    Blog Entries
    3
    Do you like batiks? I've seen some gorgeous earth toned quilts. If you did a Google Search for images of batik quilts, you'd probably find some more beautiful inspiration. Do you paper piece? You could do a New York Beauty or mariner's compass. The NY Beauties are great because there are so many different layouts you could try. There are so many choices. How about a batik log cabin with some applique on the light part? Something special to spice it up. Someone on here did a beautiful French Braid with applique in the separator bands...that was very special too.

    Another thought - the Hancock's of Paducah catalog has many quilt patterns to drool over, lots in batiks. You might take a peek at their site and see what inspires you.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    Quote Originally Posted by lowjane
    I am an avid quilter turning over 15 quilts a year to various friends and charities. Now I am stuck!! I am looking for a unique quilt for someone special, earthy tones. I would love to entertain any suggestions.. I am looking for something that is extraordinary - not that every quilt isn't. But a pattern that is seldom seen or unique.

    Thank you for any help with my quest.
    Jane
    Here's a site with a lot if inspiration! Maybe it will help you narrow down your choices:

    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/c-3...rn-themes.aspx
    That's a GREAT site for patterns - has every theme you could ever think of. Thanks for sharing.

  8. #8
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    10,525
    Well I kind of like the pattern in my avatar. :)

  9. #9
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,569
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Well I kind of like the pattern in my avatar. :)
    we ALL like the pattern in your avatar! It's amazing!

    Your Snake River and Summer Lake log cabins are amazing too! :)

  10. #10
    Super Member Lori S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,722
    Judy Neimeyer always has fabulous patterns that many go well in earthy tones.
    http://www.quiltworx.com/patterns/

    Or try
    http://www.lockwoodquilts.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.