Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern for crib bumper

Pattern for crib bumper

My DD is having her first little girl sometime after Christmas and is totally redecorating the nursery. She found a set of crib bumpers/quilt/pillows on Etsy. It was a very girlish, ruffled and overstuffed; made from satins and brocades. I've looked at patterns from simplicity, mccalls, vogue, etc. but can't find anything with ruffles. I know ruffles aren't that difficult, but would really like the pattern for fabric requirements. Has anyone seen anything like this or know of a pattern that I can buy?

Blog Entries
    It is my undertanding that bumper pads are out these days for safety reasons. You may want to check it out before ou go to a lot of work.

I do understand the safety issue of crib bumpers, but still want the pattern.

Have you seen the new (new to me over the past 5 or so years) stiff, precut batting for bumper pads? They will stand on their own. All you have to do is cover them. They aren't so stiff that they'd hurt but firm enough t o keep their shape. Check Wal-mart, JoAnn's etc.
    Pat

when i made mine many years ago i measured the overall length of bumpers x 2 1/2 for the length of the ruffle strip. I doubled the width of the finished ruffle, pressed it in half and gathered the raw edge. i did sew the gathering rows in sections to make it easier to gather and not break threads. At the time i did not have a ruffler. If you do have a ruffler to use somewhere out on the web there is a chart on how to figure finished length. Sorry I don't have it bookmarked on this computer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
    when i made mine many years ago i measured the overall length of bumpers x 2 1/2 for the length of the ruffle strip. I doubled the width of the finished ruffle, pressed it in half and gathered the raw edge. i did sew the gathering rows in sections to make it easier to gather and not break threads. At the time i did not have a ruffler. If you do have a ruffler to use somewhere out on the web there is a chart on how to figure finished length. Sorry I don't have it bookmarked on this computer.
    That's the way I've done it in the past.
    Bernie

http://www.fairfieldworld.com/produc...-pads/patterns
    Click on related patterns button for two different bumper patterns.

This site has some great projects:
    http://voices.yahoo.com/free-baby-cr...51.html?cat=52

Forgot to say that I bought the foam at Joann's with a coupon.

thank you so much, that is exactly what I am looking for! And I didn't know that you could buy the bumper foam already cut and ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Krsy View Post
    http://www.fairfieldworld.com/produc...-pads/patterns
    Click on related patterns button for two different bumper patterns.

This site has some great projects:
    http://voices.yahoo.com/free-baby-cr...51.html?cat=52