Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pattern for crutch bag >

Pattern for crutch bag

Pattern for crutch bag

Old 11-08-2014, 03:36 AM

Ditto on the cross body bag instead of anything attached to the crutches. I've spent years between crutches and canes, and backpacks can be difficult to manage and theft invitations or bystander whackers. Water bottle carriers or tote bags can smack the crutch right out from under me, and differing weights on each crutch can affect balance.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:39 AM

Oh Brother!!! I am dense! I thought it was a bag to put your crutches in!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 03:30 PM

I agree. I've also been on crutches though some years ago, but my husband is an amputee who gets around on crutches all the time. He would not tolerate anything attached to his crutches; even the slightest weight throws the balance off. A cute backpack or cross body bag, which you could also make, is a great idea!
Old 11-09-2014, 04:54 PM

I made a crutch bag for a niece and one for the child of a friend. I just made a bag that narrows a little at the bottom. It had two straps with velcro to attach to the sides of the crutch above the handle. My niece found that if it hung from the handle it made it difficult to grip the crutch. The bag had a pocket on the outside. I just cut three pieces of heavy fabric (I used upholstery fabric. ) One of the pieces was not as long as the other two and when hemmed it formed the outer pocket. I sewed the three together, turned it inside out, hemmed the top and added the straps. Both young ladies said they were perfect. Neither said they caused problems with the crutch or knocked them off balance.