Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Pattern ideas - Batman and Superman fabrics

  1. #1
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Hey -

    There are 2 fabric lines from Camelot Cottons (links below), one with Batman and one with Superman. I love how retro they look, especially the Superman. Unfortunately, no free pattern to spark creativity. Any idea what I could do with them??

    DH suggested 6" blocks in a row.

    I was thinking maybe the floating boxes, where it's a square of one fabric, and then the black square box slightly down and to the right (like this: http://judiscrazyworld.blogspot.com/...cks-quilt.html )

    I don't want to cut anything up too much because of the prints ... any ideas?? Thanks!

    http://www.camelotcottons.com/sublines/view/159

    http://www.camelotcottons.com/sublines/view/158

  2. #2
    Junior Member oldmountaincrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NC Mountains
    Posts
    111
    Those are great fabrics, but I couldn't get your link to work (take out the close parentheses and it will work) :)

  3. #3
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmountaincrafts
    Those are great fabrics, but I couldn't get your link to work (take out the close parentheses and it will work) :)
    Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. The link should be happy now.

    Now I'm thinking of doing another square in a square, like this one: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-89027-1.htm

    One with Superman centers, one with Batman centers (turns out I have 1 friend who loves Superman and one who loves Batman. Yay!), with the logos as the back (purple and green) fabrics

  4. #4
    Super Member Joanie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    1,053
    Blog Entries
    3
    One with Superman centers, one with Batman centers (turns out I have 1 friend who loves Superman and one who loves Batman. Yay!), with the logos as the back (purple and green) fabrics[/quote]

    My husband is a total Superman finatic and I just saw this fabric. I will be ordering tomorrow. Not sure what I will be making other than a wall hanging but I want to make sure the pieces are big enough to see what they are. I figure it has to be something simple with squares and rectangles and he says I have to make sure all the blocks are facing up -- no sideways figures. I hope someone out there has a great idea.

  5. #5
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanie2
    My husband is a total Superman finatic and I just saw this fabric. I will be ordering tomorrow. Not sure what I will be making other than a wall hanging but I want to make sure the pieces are big enough to see what they are. I figure it has to be something simple with squares and rectangles and he says I have to make sure all the blocks are facing up -- no sideways figures. I hope someone out there has a great idea.
    I had emailed this to Joanie, but wanted to share with everyone else as well: I would suggest getting it on fabric.com. It's the cheapest price I've seen, plus with a coupon (go to retailmenot.com and search for fabric.com) you can get additional $$ off. I bought 8 yards for $64 then used a coupon for an additional 15% off and it's costing me $53 or so. Great deal! Plus free shipping over $35.

  6. #6
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    I decided to do the Square in a Square, like my link in my 2nd post. One quilt for Batman, one quilt for Superman. Yay new projects when I'm supposed to be finishing UFOs! Don't tell my husband

  7. #7
    davidwent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ayer Ma.
    Posts
    501
    Love your s/n!
    David

  8. #8
    Member QuicklyQuilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Hey -

    There are 2 fabric lines from Camelot Cottons (links below), one with Batman and one with Superman. I love how retro they look, especially the Superman. Unfortunately, no free pattern to spark creativity. Any idea what I could do with them??

    DH suggested 6" blocks in a row.

    I was thinking maybe the floating boxes, where it's a square of one fabric, and then the black square box slightly down and to the right (like this: http://judiscrazyworld.blogspot.com/...cks-quilt.html )

    I don't want to cut anything up too much because of the prints ... any ideas?? Thanks!

    http://www.camelotcottons.com/sublines/view/159

    http://www.camelotcottons.com/sublines/view/158
    Are you familiar with the "BQ" patterns? I like to use them for fabrics that are large scale. This fabrics would be perfect for my middle son, he is a Batman fan.

  9. #9
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicklyQuilting
    Are you familiar with the "BQ" patterns? I like to use them for fabrics that are large scale. This fabrics would be perfect for my middle son, he is a Batman fan.
    Haven't heard of BQ patterns? What should I google? I feel like "BQ" wouldn't be enough :)

  10. #10
    Super Member Joanie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    1,053
    Blog Entries
    3
    Hey Lucy -- My husband and I just placed our order with Fabric.com. I was concerned about how much fabric to buy and the end cost because he is so frugal to keep our spending down. But I explained to him that the coupon gave us 15% and that fabric prices are going to go up very soon and also that if we don't buy now it may not be available tomorrow or next week. Who knows -- some other comic book person may decide to buy it all and try to sell it down the road. We live in N. Calif and my DH has been to ComicCon convention in San Diego several times and WonderCon in San Francisco every year. So his conservative mind decided that we needed 1 1/2 yds of everything Superman related and 4 1/2 yds of one particular fabric for backing. Don't know what I'm making yet except that he wants a 54 X 68 quilt est size and a wall hanging. Thanks to your tip we saved $20. I should say we spent over $100. And then went to Keepsake Quilting because they have one additional fabric that Fabric.com doesn't have -- it's $9.98 a yd there. So when it all arrives we'll decide what to make. Probably something simple with 5-6 1/2" squares. He wants to be able to SEE the fabrics. And he's decided he wants me to make a big emblem on the back's center and maybe one in the front center. And he's already thinking about the quilting -- he wants the emblem along with words. I never thought he'd get so excited about a quilt. Maybe it's because this one is just for him. I guess I will have to put other projects on hold until his gets done. When I finally get it finished I'll post pictures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.