Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern name??

See if I can describe the quilt I saw today. Measurements are approximate.

Big alternating squares in pastel prints

One square has a center square of about 12 inches with mitered borders of about 6 inches. Results in a 24" finished block.
    The alternating block has an 18 inch center square with a 3" mitered border--done in a piano key lay out, more or less. This border was always the same stripe.

At any rate, the quilt was very attractive, and looked like it would be very quick to make.

If you don't have a picture, perhaps drawing it on graph paper and posting might help someone identify it.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    If you don't have a picture, perhaps drawing it on graph paper and posting might help someone identify it.
    ditto! ... and perhaps colour it in with some markers or crayons to show us what you mean.

My camera is on the fritz. I'll look around. It's a simple pattern and I thought I'd done a good job describing it. Guess not!

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    My camera is on the fritz. I'll look around. It's a simple pattern and I thought I'd done a good job describing it. Guess not!
    I am not good at visualizing things. Sorry. Much more my fault than yours...