Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pattern for qayg in fons and porter mag >

pattern for qayg in fons and porter mag

pattern for qayg in fons and porter mag

Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 AM

i have the pattern but cannot find it have looked everywhere,guess i put it up so i wouldn't lose it lol there is no quilting. you sew the pieces on a block of backing,batting and bring the seams to the front then cover the sean with a strip of fabric the last seams are covered with a strip that is cut in wave form please help i looked back through the mags on line and didn't find it. please help. i want to teach it to my quilt group. thanks dj
Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 AM
bj

You might see if you can find the show online. They did a show on this method a couple of years ago. On one of the quilts they shared, they had covered the seams on the front with wide ricrac. They also suggested using ribbon would work.

It might be show #1511. There wasn't a picture, but the supply list called for galaxy wide ricrac. I don't subscribe to their site, so I don't know if it's a show that can be watched or not.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Several years ago I couldn't find a pattern (I did know the name of the pattern) that I knew was in Fons and Porter. I called their Customer Service number listed in the magazine and the girl was able to find the magazine it was in. If you don't know the name of the pattern I'm not sure they can help you, but what the heck, it was a toll free number. Give it a try.