Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern Suggestions for lap Quilts?

Hi!

I am in the process of wanting to make a lot of quilts :)

So, I am making lap quilts. I like the satisfaction, and they also make great gifts! On most of my fabric I do not have a lot of yardage. I have to do scrappy mostly. Figure on patterns that the largest I have is a fat quarter(though I may have bigger)
    Also, suggestions for pieced backings?

If people have fabric that they would like to get rid of that is bigger pieces I would have interest, so I can make more things that are coordinated. PM me perhaps?

These are quilts that I'm going to either keep or give away, but I just feel like making them. May make a few bed sized quilts too :)

Thank you in advance!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    are you asking to purchase fabric or just asking for donations?

I did an easy one for a friend a couple of months ago. It was all squares and rectangles.. It used 16 fat quarters but you could use yardage also. If I can get the name I will reply again but it was alternating squares and a square made out of two rectangle. You could turn the rectangle square any way you want to . It really went together easy.

Another easy one is alternating pinwheels with either plain blocks or 4 or 9 patch blocks.

There are so many scrappy patterns, that you don't have to have much of any fabric to make them work.

And too, they don't even have to be scrappy patterns ... many are planned to just use a lot of different fabrics!

Take a look around here and elsewhere and you'll find lots of ideas, I'm sure!

Check out this site:

http://quiltville.com

Lots of ideas for scrappy.