Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern

Pattern

Hi Everyone, I started a quilt along sometime ago that was on Don't look now blog. It was the Joseph's coat quilt along. The problem I'm having is she never finished posting how to complete the quilt. She has posts for putting together sections one and two. Its been some time now and the post have never been completed. Has anyone else done this quilt and if so, can you please tell me how you finished 3,4 and 5 sections. She said that it goes together in a different manner that the other two sections. I would appreciate the help if anyone has completed this QA.Blessings, Georgia

Oh no, I'm always so leery of starting a quilt with incomplete instructions. I like to print out each set then start the quilt when all instructions are finished. Hope someone has an answer for you!

Why dont you email her directly? I just "googled" the blog and she does have an email link as well as a Flikr page filled with photos. Maybe you can noodle the rest from the photos.

Good luck - hopefully you will find some help finishing it.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by georgia View Post
    Hi Everyone, I started a quilt along sometime ago that was on Don't look now blog. It was the Joseph's coat quilt along. The problem I'm having is she never finished posting how to complete the quilt. She has posts for putting together sections one and two. Its been some time now and the post have never been completed. Has anyone else done this quilt and if so, can you please tell me how you finished 3,4 and 5 sections. She said that it goes together in a different manner that the other two sections. I would appreciate the help if anyone has completed this QA.Blessings, Georgia
    Georgia, that block is in Block Base if you have that program. It's #3532 and is called Peeled Orange by Nancy Cabot and can be done on the sewing machine with templates in BB. I think I might try a couple blocks as I really like those pink prints and I have lots of them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
    Georgia, that block is in Block Base if you have that program. It's #3532 and is called Peeled Orange by Nancy Cabot and can be done on the sewing machine with templates in BB. I think I might try a couple blocks as I really like those pink prints and I have lots of them. lol
    I've tried emailing her and she hasn't answered. No I don't have that program. I've made all the peels and cut the background blocks but cant get past the first two rows.Thanks

I believe there are two ways of making that block - applique or piecing. I think the blogger was doing the applique method? It looks like she hasn't updated her blog in years, probably doesn't even get or read the emails anymore. It seems kind of rude to leave everyone hanging like that. Rosy, the orange peel that I've seen is not the same (although I don't have blockbase). The one I know of has only 4 "peels" coming together, while the Joseph's coat has 6.

Dunster,I've made the blocks like she instructed and cut all the background pieces out. The problem I'm having is trying to figure out after completely 2 rows how to complete the other ones. Yes I feel it's rude also to start this quilt along and not finish it. I have over 500 petals so I'll figure out how to complete this even if I have to take the two rows apart. Too much work invested too just put it away. It's also very pretty.

That is a gorgeous quilt! and the blog link that willferg posted looks helpful? http://karensquilting.com/blog/categ...coat-tutorial/

Thanks so much ladies for all the help. I'll look at all the suggestions and once put together I will post so you can see where I'm at. Blessings to all

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast