Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern for two focus fabrics??

I am looking for suggestions for a pattern with two focus fabrics. Does anyone have any ideas??

Can you post a picture of the fabrics.... I need a visual to decide.

I guess that would make sense. The fabric is in my sister's stash, and we were brainstorming, unsuccessfully, earlier today. I will try to get with her and get a picture.

Blog Entries
    If it is a TWO COLOR QUILT.I love the Hunters Star, a very easy pattern but you must starch due to some bias cuts. This same topic was up a few days ago and I think almost any pattern can be made as a TCQ. Snails trail, pineapple, 9P, Irish chain, Monkey wrench are just a few.

If you are suggesting that there are more than 2 colors but only two would be the "focus", Ohio Star is a starting point. The sky is the limit. You need to do a search to see similar ideas for what you are seeking.
    peace.

9 patch pizzazz

Thanks, yes, I am looking for patterns that are more than two colors but have two focus fabrics. I did a search here already, but nothing useful came up so I probably phrased it wrong.

I will look at the patterns suggested. I have made Ohio Star and am familiar with it. I will do a search for 9 patch pizzazz next.

I have done a Warm Wishes quilt with two focus fabrics.

Thanks, Gayle, that is exactly the idea I was playing with... That may work well for me. I couldn't get a good picture of a 9 patch pazzazz, only offers to sell me a book, when I searched for it. Warm Wishes I know.

Key West Star at quilterscache...but it depends on how big the patterns on the fabric are.....

Another is Rob Peter to Pay Paul....if there is enough of a value difference

And Hunters Star is always a good one too!