Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pay it forward ? >

Pay it forward ?

Pay it forward ?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 AM

I have been a member for a while. I read regularly and have gotten lots of good info, tips, and inspiration from this board, but I do not post very much. I know that one has to post a certain amount before selling, but are there rules for paying forward with fabric. In the near future I want to pass fabric on. I would post in the pay it forward thread. Leave it up for 24 hours because I know that people access at different times, then number those who pm me and pick numbers from a hat. I have been blessed much in my life and would like to pass it on.
Are there rules?
Does the above sound like a good way to do it?
Thank you
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 AM

I am not sure of all the rules , but someone will know and post here to your ? I think it is a great idea and how sweet of you to want to do that.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 AM

hold on and let's ask Patrice
Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 AM

while we're waiting just let me say that's very sweet of you.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Joan in AK
I have been a member for a while. I read regularly and have gotten lots of good info, tips, and inspiration from this board, but I do not post very much. I know that one has to post a certain amount before selling, but are there rules for paying forward with fabric. In the near future I want to pass fabric on. I would post in the pay it forward thread. Leave it up for 24 hours because I know that people access at different times, then number those who pm me and pick numbers from a hat. I have been blessed much in my life and would like to pass it on.
Are there rules?
Does the above sound like a good way to do it?
Thank you
i agree. very nice of you, indeed! :thumbup:

there's no minimum amount of time one has to be a member in order to give things away.

one tiny point: no matter where you post the announcement - either in the Pay it Forward topic or in the classifieds section - you can't announce it as a drawing of any kind.

you can announce that (for example) the 3rd person who sends a pm will receive the package, but that's as close as you can get to "random".

again ... thanks for your generosity! :-)
Old 08-19-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks for letting me know about the way to do it.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Very nice of you to pay it forward. I am trying to get my stash built up so I can join in on this type of giving also. I think it is such a nice thing our members do, sending out surprise gifts, secret gifts. I"ve never known such generous people! Bless you all!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Google Goddess

very nice of you, my hubby has been unemployed since July 2009 last year so $ is tight for us

Thanks Patrice J (moderator) for letting us know the rules!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:46 AM

I hope to some day be able to help someone also, that time is just not right now as I am unemployed for now. Hopefully this fall I will be able to find a job :) Thank you for being generous to help other people !
Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM

You are so kind to offer this. I know that when I joined a very short time ago, angels helped me out with fabric, and now I can make another few quilts with what i have. I did not have the money for these, and I was so so so grateful for the help. I am sure that you will also be a blessing to other people.