Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pellon Peltex question >

Pellon Peltex question

Pellon Peltex question

Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 AM

Default Pellon Peltex question

I just bought the Mischief growth chart for boys for my DGS. They used the ultra firm Peltex in it to make it stiff. I saw somewhere on line where they just used Warm and Natural. My concern is just the batting might not be stiff enough and if I use the Peltex, when it either gets stuffed in a suitcase or a shipping box will that crease or curl it so it won't hang straight again? I've only used Peltex in purses or bowls so i'm not sure how it would react being folded or rolled. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

No idea ... though my personal default on such ... make a mug rug or placemat with similar fabrics, quilting distances etc. Then put it thru the same conditions as you are questionning ... and of course, washing!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
I just bought the Mischief growth chart for boys for my DGS. They used the ultra firm Peltex in it to make it stiff. I saw somewhere on line where they just used Warm and Natural. My concern is just the batting might not be stiff enough and if I use the Peltex, when it either gets stuffed in a suitcase or a shipping box will that crease or curl it so it won't hang straight again? I've only used Peltex in purses or bowls so i'm not sure how it would react being folded or rolled. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have both the fusible Peltex and sew in. I hate the fusible for what I make, but for some purses, I love the sew-in. It isn't as stiff and much more pliable, but still firm. I use Peltex #70 sew-in. I added it for firmness on several purses, even added it to the bottom of a Bow Tuck I made last night to attach feet to the bottom, and have had no problem. If you have to pack it, I suggest maybe a loose fold, or roll or, if possible, though. Batting won't be stiff enough, but having said that, fusible batting UNWASHED has a bit more firmness until it is washed. You can iron Peltex, but I don't know what the growth chart is made of to be able to iron it.