Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Penny Halgren sending/selling diet tips??? Is this real?

I'm sure many of you subscribe to Penny Halgren's How-to-Quilt emails. They used to provide lots of hints for free, and while that's still true to some extent they have evolved to selling more products like quilting DVDs, webinars, etc...all related to quilting.

But in the past few days I've received one or two selling that diet/belly fat report/product...and I'm wondering if it's really coming from Penny. These are the kind of ads that pop-up blockers were made for! Okay, it's only a click to delete the emails, but it seems to me it seriously dilutes the quality of her own product (quilting advice/education) and makes her less credible. If this continues, I'll probably unsubscribe to her emails.

Anybody else have a reaction?

Power Poster
    never heard of her before

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Have you sent her an email about the ads. Her site may have been hacked and she won't know about it if no one tells her.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Have you sent her an email about the ads. Her site may have been hacked and she won't know about it if no one tells her.
    Actually I did, just a little while ago (so I haven't heard back). If that's the case, someone has copied her writing style very well. It does seem strange!

Blog Entries
    I unsubscribed from her emails a long time ago. I got tired of the sale pitches. A friend has a lot of her DVDs. I haven't seen any of her methods that I haven't seen before. Most of it is found in most all quilt books, magazines, blogs, and right here on this board.

I used to open all of the e- mails from her as they contained bits of hints and sometimes useful info.... Now its a selling site ... I lost interest when it seemed there was nothing of value to me anymore. I really dislike when a contant stream of sales pitches comes from what had been a trusted source.

Blog Entries
    I also unsubscribed after I got tired of all the sales pitches, some of the topics were useful but nothing really new that you can't find on this board. I got tired of reading a long,long,long message only to find that I had to buy the information. Not a fan of Penny

Blog Entries
    I feel the same way about Kaye Woods emails & her yahoo group. It is just promotional to sell her products which are very expensive. Also, I can get plenty of tips from this board without having to weed through her emails.

Blog Entries
    I got the same email this morning. Just deleted it. Will probably unsubscribe soon since I don't care for all the sales pitches either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonary
    I feel the same way about Kaye Woods emails & her yahoo group. It is just promotional to sell her products which are very expensive. Also, I can get plenty of tips from this board without having to weed through her emails.
    I've noticed that. Someone asked her where she got the graphics in her emails and suddenly the graphics disappeared. I kind of liked those.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast