Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
perfect circles any size! >

perfect circles any size!

perfect circles any size!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM

I wish I'd seen or heard of this before I spent big $$ on the attachment for my Janome 7700. Could have bought a lot of fabric with the savings.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM

Has anyone tried this? I tried ,but my fabric just bunched up under the needle.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 PM

I just tried this again and I think the secret is to stabilize the back. After I did that, it made such a difference! I didn't even have to hold on to the fabric; it just turned by itself! Amazing! I just used a straight stitch but then I tried a blanket stitch- did not work well at all. But all in all, Wow- another nifty technique. Love it! Also I put a foam ear plug on top of the tack to hold it in place.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mimmis57 View Post
I just tried this again and I think the secret is to stabilize the back. After I did that, it made such a difference! I didn't even have to hold on to the fabric; it just turned by itself! Amazing! I just used a straight stitch but then I tried a blanket stitch- did not work well at all. But all in all, Wow- another nifty technique. Love it! Also I put a foam ear plug on top of the tack to hold it in place.
The problem here may have nothing to do with the circle. I've run into this with a satin stitch when I forgot to change the presser foot to an embroidery foot that has enough clearance to get over the thick layer of stitching. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:14 AM

The extension table for my Husqvarna has holes and a big brass tack for circles. Have never used it cant figure out what I would need to sew in circles!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 AM

I saw that episode on TV. Cool. Thanks for posting this. I had to do some circular decorative stitches for homework for a quilt class I took. I used a command strip and drew lines half inch apart. Stabilized my fabric. Took a sturdy straight pin and poked the pin through the center of the fabric then stuck the pin on one of the lines and sewed a decorative stitch. It was awkward but did a good job. Also used the open toe applique/embroidery foot. It's slick on the bottom. I suppose if I had to do a lot of these circles, the actual attachment would work better. But, I could not see myself doing that so I save some $ for fabric.

Oh, I used one of my rulers and lined up the command strip to the left of my needle. Changed the thread for each stitch and shifted the pin a half inch for the different stitches.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by bunniequilter View Post
The extension table for my Husqvarna has holes and a big brass tack for circles. Have never used it cant figure out what I would need to sew in circles!
Post a picture, maybe someone here can come up with an idea.