Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Perfecting the slip stitch

Whe life gives you lemons, make lemonade. One of my favorite sayings.

Amen to that Norah!

I should have title the subject "Perfecting patience" instead. I'm about a fourth of the way done and most of the time it just purrs right along, then I'll find I've stitched myself to the backing fabric in a place it oughtn’t be, or get into a corner and struggle with the fraying and I growl big time. My favorite words these days are “God bless America” in lieu of other choice and more colorful vernacular I could have, in my sailor days, come up with. I think I need to read the “The Little Engine That Could” again just to remind myself: “I know I can, I know I can, I know I can.”

What happened is, in my quest to start small, I started with a piece too small, and the corners are giving me fits. Ah well, when I get through this I should have greater confidence to tackle larger pieces.

Oh yeah, and Leslee says it’s traditional for a beginner to make “Breadfruit” as a first piece. I hope that that doesn’t doom me with some ancient quilter’s curse other than those I’ve found on my own!

These little things happen....at least you haven't quilted it to your pants yet!.good to know you are keeping it off your lap! Makes it real tough to put down when you slip up and do that! :lol:

You said "yet", is this another bit of quilting wisdom I'm hearing? I can just see myself having to slip the jeans off to unhitch myself of the situation. Yikes, and I hope that doesn't happen while I'm at work!

Needless to say....one can get wrapped up in their work. Fortunately it usually only happens once. :D But dont let that increase your stitch width
    :!:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2