Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Personal Quilting vs ???

Do ya'll usually do your own quilting or do you have it quilted? I have always quilted my own, mainly because I have been making crib sized quilts or twins. It just seems to take so long when, if I take it out to be quilted, I could be working on another top. I am now piecing full sized tops, and really don't want to mess with having to scrunch every thing into my machine!

I used to do ALL mine--including 2 queen sized. I did them on my Janome which has a pretty good sized throat. I then sent one out and decided to be on the hunt for a used HQ. I saved and looked for 2 years and finally found one I could afford.

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more productive now and prolly do an average of 3-4 quilts per month...sometimes more.

Pam
    luvs to quilt, I have one, and am having a terrible time making smooth curves. I do not like my frame! Any tips?

I usually do my own quilting-all sizes on my machine. But....recently i got so far behind on my quilting that i decided to send 3 of them to the LQS and have her do them. It is such a relief to get them out of my house and know that they are getting quilted!! Now, I can finish or start my other projects on the list!! I don't know that i can always afford to have this done but...sometimes i think it's worth it!

I do my own, because I just enjoy it. Though I admit, mines not wonderful though!

I do my own. They are not perfect but they are mine. First it was on my Juki and now the Juki on a frame. I love the quilting part so it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
    I used to do ALL mine--including 2 queen sized. I did them on my Janome which has a pretty good sized throat. I then sent one out and decided to be on the hunt for a used HQ. I saved and looked for 2 years and finally found one I could afford.

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more productive now and prolly do an average of 3-4 quilts per month...sometimes more.
    What's an HQ?

Quite a few people on this board have long arms. I wonder if someone would be willing to do it for you....