Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Touches???

I am just wondering what (if anything) have you done to your sweet machine to make it more quilter friendly or personalized? Or maybe THOUGHT about doing but haven't (yet)?

I finally put a small piece of velcro on the side of my machine and the other piece on my seam ripper - this way when I am quilting my quilt and need it to pull the thread up from the backside to the front I am not searching for it after it has rolled under the quilt.

I plan to make a nice cover for it :) Haven't even started that one yet LOL But I want to do lots of fun hand embroidery, applique and other embellishment that is all sewing themed!! I have made a couple for gifts for my Mum and another gal I sew with for fun on Thursday nights (we call ourselves the "Stitch n Bitch" gals!!!) hee hee.. sometimes we stitch more than the other, or vice versa!! LOL depending on the night and whats going on!! LOL

Anyway, I hope to get a start on my sewing machine cover before the end of this year. It is on my list of things I want to make this year :)

Me too - been wanting to make a sewing machine cover. Must do!

I've seen pictures of Guitar Hero controllers that have been taken apart and repainted and put back together...I wonder if you could do that with a sewing machine. ...now I want a punk/goth inspired look to my sewing machine. White is so not my color.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
    now I want a punk/goth inspired look to my sewing machine. White is so not my color.
    Exactly! Some pinstripes in your favorite color? Fuschia flames anyone?? :lol: :lol:

Izy
    [quote=Quilting Aggi]I plan to make a nice cover for it :) Haven't even started that one yet LOL But I want to do lots of fun hand embroidery, applique and other embellishment that is all sewing themed!! I have made a couple for gifts for my Mum and another gal I sew with for fun on Thursday nights (we call ourselves the "Stitch n Bitch" gals!!!) hee hee.. sometimes we stitch more than the other, or vice versa!! LOL depending on the night and whats going on!! LOL

Anyway, I hope to get a start on my sewing machine cover before the end of this year. It is on my list of things I want to make this year :)[/Aggi, I laughed like crazy to here you also call your group stitch n bitch - (though most of the older ladies in our group are thankfully unaware of my nick name for the group - shortened in down now to s n b so its incognito!! lol)) :lol: :roll: quote]

Quote Originally Posted by ilena
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
    now I want a punk/goth inspired look to my sewing machine. White is so not my color.
    Exactly! Some pinstripes in your favorite color? Fuschia flames anyone?? :lol: :lol:
    Old school tattoo designs? :mrgreen:

I could see a little Link standing guard to battle the lint build up!!!
    ~ Instead of cutting grass he would be doing a number on the dust bunnies and turning them into something useful! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by ilena
    I could see a little Link standing guard to battle the lint build up!!!
    ~ Instead of cutting grass he would be doing a number on the dust bunnies and turning them into something useful! :wink:
    I love a quilter that knows about Zelda :D

ahhhh... it would be like painting my table saw purple.

Never gonna happen.

tim in san jose

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast