Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pet cats on quilts >

pet cats on quilts

pet cats on quilts

Old 06-23-2010, 08:03 PM

I am brand new to this message board, and as I am looking through and seeing profile pics, I see a lot of you have the same problem I do- what is it with our cats and having to be on a quilt? Every time I am working on a quilt, the next time I want to get it and work on it, i have to remove a cat from it. So i made them a quilted bed. None of my 6 cats will use it. they have to have an unfinished quilt to sleep on! Go figure!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:05 PM

Did you try sprinkling a little catnip on it? My cats sleep on anything new we bring in the house--not just quilts. They're so funny!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

That's so typical, isn't it?? Just tonight I was trimming a quilt to prepare for binding and my big boy, Carmello WOULD NOT get off!!
They love all quilts, fabric, actually anything, like paper etc. Too funny!! :D
Old 06-23-2010, 08:31 PM

awww! your cat looks just like my daughter's cat here. he's orange and white with a ringed tail. she is 11 and she named him fireball.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

It is a continual problem here. I sew around the cats. Take a look at my avatar.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ohioquilter
awww! your cat looks just like my daughter's cat here. he's orange and white with a ringed tail. she is 11 and she named him fireball.
You mean my cat?? That's Katie, she is tiny and Carmello is her son. He weighs 20 pounds!!! She's around 7 :D
Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 PM

My cats climb up on the shelf I'd put up for the shoeboxes of scraps...they knock the boxes down, so now the boxes are on the floor. I had 2 other top shelves they've knocked things off of so they could lay down. The room from about 5' up is THEIRS! LOL Yes, I always have cats on the quilting. Try putting their quilt up as high as you can...maybe they'll take it over then!!!

Oh -- and I caught Dasher picking up things off the sewing table and dumping them on the floor -- one by one.......DANG it...he's WORSE than a 3 year old kid!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 PM

yes, that's what made me ask the question, I was noticing a lot of pic on here like my quilt pics at home. quilts with cats on them. I keep a quilting journal (binder)I write a page about the quilt I did, when I started it, and finished it. if it was for someone, who it went to and any info i want to remember. and I take a pic and put it on the page. 75 of my pics have one of my 6 cats in it!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM

I have one that 14 years old. She was my first to raise from a 6 week old kitten and she weighs about22 pounds!!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
My cats climb up on the shelf I'd put up for the shoeboxes of scraps...they knock the boxes down, so now the boxes are on the floor. I had 2 other top shelves they've knocked things off of so they could lay down. The room from about 5' up is THEIRS! LOL Yes, I always have cats on the quilting. Try putting their quilt up as high as you can...maybe they'll take it over then!!!

Oh -- and I caught Dasher picking up things off the sewing table and dumping them on the floor -- one by one.......DANG it...he's WORSE than a 3 year old kid!
I have a cedar chest that I keep quilting stuff in and every time i open it to get in there, one of the cats climbs in and goes to sleep.