Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pet hair on fabric and quilts >

Pet hair on fabric and quilts

Pet hair on fabric and quilts

Old 02-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Have you tried a damp sponge? I bought some awhile ago that were made for removing pet hair. They worked pretty well but, as someone said, it's the price we pay for our furry friends. We have 2 Pugs who are notorious shedders, you can see the hair fly when they shake! It does help to brush them every day but......who does that? I have a "love Glove" for them (& all short haired dogs) it really works very well.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:55 AM

I think this is what you're looking for (scroll down).

http://www.shop.shc-intl.com/Washabl...r-HWR004BU.htm

(sorry, have to copy and paste, I can't get it to insert the link...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

oh what is that called? the can of stuff for clinging clothes. Static Cling i think. you might try spraying a bit of that over your fabric and it should help. otherwise, clean, clean ,clean.
fabric sweeper for cat hair can help too.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 PM

I have had the best success with the Pledge Fabric Roller. It has two rollers that catch the hair. It's supposed to be disposable, but being as cheap as I am, I just empty out the furball and reuse it. In fact, I just bought a second one for the bedroom so I wouldn't have to keep moving the one I have around the house. Here's a link to a picture of it - but mine was cheaper in my local grocery store. I have thrown away the many lint rollers and sticky tape rollers since I've started using this. (And I have two Maine Coons, so there's LOTS of hair every where around my house.) The directions say to use a back and forth motion which really does help it work best.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...LAID=307585007
Old 02-08-2010, 01:04 PM

I have also used the rubber gloves,the ones you used when washing dishes..for the couch and chair..then i rinse them off and do it again.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 PM

I spray furniture and rugs with Static Guard and then vacuum. For quilts and other items I don't want to wash often - I spray with Static Guard and put an old nylon over the hose attachment and vacuum them. 3 dogs ( 2 are shelties ) and 2 long hair cats - plus my daughter and I both have long hair - it is a constant battle. Brushing the pets on a regular basis helps, too.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
I have had the best success with the Pledge Fabric Roller. It has two rollers that catch the hair. It's supposed to be disposable, but being as cheap as I am, I just empty out the furball and reuse it. In fact, I just bought a second one for the bedroom so I wouldn't have to keep moving the one I have around the house. Here's a link to a picture of it - but mine was cheaper in my local grocery store. I have thrown away the many lint rollers and sticky tape rollers since I've started using this. (And I have two Maine Coons, so there's LOTS of hair every where around my house.) The directions say to use a back and forth motion which really does help it work best.

Thank you, I did not know about this product. I have 8 cats, only one is a longhair and I will use this. The members here know EVERYTHING!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by renee765

Thank-you so much for your recommendation. I have often seen it and wanted to buy it but thought that was alot of money for a disposalable item, maybe i will spluge and give it a try.
I used to be a foster mom for maine coons, awesome cats.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:18 PM

be sure to read the reviews, someone talked about taking it apart and cleaning it to reuse it! cool huh?! also, go the company who makes it, maybe you can get a free sample, coupon or whatever!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:20 PM

here is a coupon!
http://coupondivas.com/coupons-for-g...ntable-coupon/

it says to be sure your printer is ready..because it starts printing right away..