Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Petal Shapes by Darlene Zimmerman tutorial? >

Petal Shapes by Darlene Zimmerman tutorial?

Petal Shapes by Darlene Zimmerman tutorial?

Old 06-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Default Petal Shapes by Darlene Zimmerman tutorial?

I purchased a Petal Shapes template online from Joanns. Item #8588501. They shipped the wrong template. I called and they told me to return it and get refunded in 3 weeks and to call the warehouse to explain why its wrong! Obviously they sent the wrong thing, but it has the same item number, so basically I'm stuck with it, because its more trouble to try to explain what's wrong and how its not the item I ordered, than to keep it and make do! What I ordered was supposed to be yellow colored and contain 3 parts. It said it came with instructions and suggested quilt blocks. This one is clear, one piece that makes multiple sizes and came with no directions.
Does anybody know where I can find directions and/or a tutorial for using it? I know how to use the regular Dresden with the finished points. I'm wondering if there is a way to sew a strip to the top of this rounded one so the petal curve does not have a raw edge. I don't do needle turn and would like some instructions on another way to get a finished edge if possible. Otherwise I guess I'm stuck with fusing and using a blanket stitch. If anybody has the instructions that came with the yellow one, or knows of any tutes, I would sure appreciate the help. Thanks. Jan
Old 06-04-2013, 05:35 PM

I bet you can return it to the store.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by StephT View Post
I bet you can return it to the store.
I asked and they said no, since they don't have it in the store! I did see the right item in a Joanns store. But since this one is different they won't accept it. Go figure! But thanks for the suggestion.