Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff 2048 sewing machine for sale

I just ran across this listing on Craigslist. This is my town, Georgetown. I'm nowhere near ready to spend $1300 on a sewing machine, but I thought someone here might be interested.

http://austin.craigslist.org/hsh/2460272106.html

Nice, but a little suspicious to me. I wouldn't buy from CL from a seller who is going to ship to me after my check clears. That's a big red flag in my opinion. If you're local and can see and touch and take it home with you, might be worth looking into.

Well, it kind of makes sense to me if you look at it from the seller's point of view. But I understand you being nervous. And I don't know the person selling it, so I certainly can't vouch for their honesty.

There are so many folks out there ready to cheat you I would be very hesitant to do this.

I have bought both my Pfaffs used - one from a dealer and the other from Craigslist. I went in person with cash and had her demo it in every option (embroidery, button hole, decorative, straight etc) before I bought it. Worked beautifully - I was convinced that there was nothing majorly wrong when I walked off with it.

Well, it is a little concerning that it's a stock photo, not a photo of the actual machine for sale. It also says "I will not be responsible after it's mailed". Insurance only covers if it's professionally packed, and then it's the sender that needs to handle it. I wouldn't go for this ad.

I wouldn't buy it unless I could see it in person, pay cash and take it with me. Too many red flags otherwise.

I agree - flags all over the field on this one.

It could be that this person is just not used to selling on craigslist, but there are way too many reasons to suspect this too-good-to-be-true listing.

Blog Entries
    As good as it sounds, I would pass this one up... it sounds very suspicious...