Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pfaff bought out?

Blog Entries
    I have just heard Pfaff has been bought out along with Viking.

Parts are getting hard to find. Fact or fiction?

Blog Entries
    I don't know about finding parts, but I do know there will be a lot fewer dealers.

Blog Entries
    I found this:

SVP Worldwide, which now owns the Pfaff and Husqvarna Viking brands, which is in turn owned by Kohlberg & Company, which bought Singer in 2004.

Blog Entries
    Before my old dealer went belly-up, she quit selling Pfaff and said that they were being sold, but I have never heard anymore rumors. This was way after the The SVP merger. About 2 years ago maybe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I found this:

SVP Worldwide, which now owns the Pfaff and Husqvarna Viking brands, which is in turn owned by Kohlberg & Company, which bought Singer in 2004.
    I asked my Pfaff dealer about this and it is true and for the last 3 years they have all been made in Shanghi. This goes for Singer, Viking and Pfaff. But supposedly being manufactured with the guidance from the original companies personnel just in Shanghi. That doesn't sound logical to me, why move a company to Shanghi and move all their personnel there too - I don't think so. They have kept it really hush hush because they were afraid people would quit buying their products. I had bought my Pfaff years ago because I knew the company was suppose to be outstanding. Now I don't feel that way.

Blog Entries
    I have the Pfaff 7570 and love it but will never buy another Pfaff. I just don't think they are truly *Pfaff* anymore. My next machine will be a Babylock.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    I have the Pfaff 7570 and love it but will never buy another Pfaff. I just don't think they are truly *Pfaff* anymore. My next machine will be a Babylock.
    True, the best Pfaff's were made in Germany. I loved my industrial Pfaff 545. My oldest daughter (she is 29) still sews on it.

I started this topic about the subject a while ago.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-64192-1.htm

Blog Entries
    I talked to a repairman today who is trying to figure out what another repairman did to my Megaquilter. He told me the hardest machine for him to get parts for at the present time is a Bernina. I am about to decide that Janome would be the machine to purchase.

I think only authorized Bernina dealers/repair people can get Bernina parts, so if he's a private repair person, that's probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I talked to a repairman today who is trying to figure out what another repairman did to my Megaquilter. He told me the hardest machine for him to get parts for at the present time is a Bernina. I am about to decide that Janome would be the machine to purchase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast