Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff cutwork kit? >

Pfaff cutwork kit?

Pfaff cutwork kit?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM

Default Pfaff cutwork kit?

I picked up a quilt pattern for Chubby Chicks a while back, but haven't gotten around to making it yet. And it will still be a while since I have four quilts in front of it that I actually have fabric for already! Anyhow... I came across the pattern in my stash while I was flipping through today... I got an embroidery machine for Christmas so now I am thinking about it in a whole new way.

I was wondering what sort of software I would need to create an applique embroidery file that would tack down the applique birdies, as well as stitch feet and eyes on for me. While googling I came across this Bernina tutorial that is actually working with this quilt pattern! (page 8 of PDF)

http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Experie...s-us/TTNO8.pdf

I hadn't even considered cutwork... but now the wheels are turning. I have the Pffaff Creative Performance... what do you guys know about their cutwork kit? Does it include software that I could use to do this? Would the Bernina software work with Pfaff? Do I even want to know what this costs?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 PM

Hi romille, I can't help because I don't know anything about an embroidery machine but I wanted to say that the pattern is just cute as it can be. It is adorable. Please post a photo when it is finished. Thanks,

Ladibug
Old 12-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I don't have a specific answer to your machine's capabilities, but I have Brother embroidery software and the directions look like something I can do with my software. The pattern is so cute!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:39 AM

Babylock has a standalone program called Quiltworks. It will do applique, reverse applique and if you have ever done cutwork, it will do that, too. I don't think it will add beaks and feet.
If the Bernina program saves in your machine format, it will work. Most programs today will do other machine formats.