Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200 >

Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200

Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200

Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 PM

Default Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200

I thinking about purchasing a Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200 sewing machine with Inspira Quilt Frame. I would like some advice on what this is worth and the pros and cons. I am interested in any comments positive or negative.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-28-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: change title to reflect contents
Old 04-29-2012, 07:44 AM

Hi - I've had this same set up for about 4 years and I like it. The machine sews like a dream - are you getting the stitch regulator also? It's a life saver for me.

My only tip is to make sure you either have extra rachets (they are hard to move the levers) or buy bicycle grease and put in the holes. I need to do that on mine.

Go on youtube and watch tutorials for loading and quilting. I float my quilt top and batting, therefor I'm only using 2 rails.
Also, the BEST thing I did was to buy leaders and put on the frame. SO much faster to load now. I wish I had done it 4 years ago when I bought it.

have fun and get lots of practice.
Oh, one more thought, I use good thread on this set up and Inspira topstitch needles from Joannes. I use King Tut on top and Aurofil or Bottom Line in the bobbin.

Karen
Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 PM

I've got a Pfaff Grand Quilter w/ stitch regulator & am getting the Inspira Frame shortly. So looking forward to learning to LAQ. Thanks for the tips, Karen!