Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PFaff versus Bernina >

PFaff versus Bernina

PFaff versus Bernina

Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 AM

Patti25314, I love your saying ! I know reading cookbooks cause weight gain but I never thought about the fitness videos > You are one smart Cookie
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
My 1 month old Bernina 710 has been in the shop for a week because the bobbin case with that huge bobbin is stuck in it. This has happened to two others that I know of. I can't get used to the push button presser foot either. I'm starting to regret my purchase. There have been lots of problems with this new 700 series.
Good to know... I have lusted after that one. The big bobbin gets me. Like I'm so lazy to wind a bobbin. (lol) I have the Janome 7700 and it's been just a gem of a machine. I do love it, but wonder always about the competition.

I had a Pfaff that unfortunately died it was "Made in West Germany," the new ones made by SVP are just not the same as my baby. The mechanical is the closest I would say. I miss the IDT a lot though and keep testing them out. I plan to give the newest models a try at the next show. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM

If you are looking for a large harp the brother dreamweaver has 11.25, it does not have IDT but has something just as nice called the muvit foot. is has its own motor and a differential feed like a serger so if you like sewing difficult fabrics, vinyl minkee this foot makes it a dream to sew. I traded in my babylock espire another wonderful machine made by brother for it. There are so many brands out there and all have quality machines, when spending that much money try everything. I have had my machine since september and it has been such a dream to sew on. the laser on it also makes it easy for sewing straight lines and it works with any foot so you dont need a guide for your machine anymore. I haven't used the pen and laser to its full potential yet but I see a lot of growing room with my machine. I used to have accufeed/IDT envy but am a true diehard brother lover so when I got this new muvit foot all of those thoughts went away, but the pfaffs look awesome and I here they have a new travel one with IDT. Alot of the new TOL berninas have been having a lot of problems I see mixed reviews on them, but I have also seen good and bad reviews on the pfaff QE4.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:46 PM

You need to test drive each of them, decide what features you want and check your dealers and what education they provide with each machine. Then buy the best you can afford. Personally, I have Berninas and would not sew on anything else. I have the new 830 and a new 350 to take to classes. There will be a huge learning curve with any machine you purchase - that is why the education and support is so important. Have fun making your choice!