Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff vs Babylock opinons please >

Pfaff vs Babylock opinons please

Pfaff vs Babylock opinons please

Old 02-12-2011, 06:06 PM

You probably already bought your machine but I wanted to tell you I have a Pfaff 2036 and loved it. So when they came out with the Expressions 4.0 I bought it because I quilt my own quilts. It had the longer throat and thread cutter which I really wanted. Terrible machine. Nothing but problems with it when free motion quilting. The thread breaks about 8 times when quilting one block. I am so disappointed. I hate it and spent quite a bit on it. Piecing your quilt or using the decorative stitches is great. But DO NOT buy it for free motion quilting. I just don't know what to do now since I spend so much I can't afford to buy another one.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM

I have a BabyLock Ellure and a Pfaff 2.0, like both of them for different reasons. They were purchased about five years apart at two different sewing machine stores. It has been my experience that you can buy a machine anywhere, but when you finally purchase, you're getting more than a machine, you're also buying support, customer service, trade-in/up options as well. There were many visits to 'test-drive' machines before I bought the Pfaff, I probably sewed on 8 -9 machines at a local shop, and was never made to feel like I should hurry up and decide, they really wanted me to feel comfortable with my choice.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 AM

I like others have the the Babylock espire and I'm in love. However,buying a machine is like buying a car you must test drive first. With that being said I love how quite the espire runs and all the many features it has,especially the automatic pivoting.I found mine for 1100 and in my area they're running a special on the quest plus for under 1000.
Best of luck on whatever you choose.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 AM

I have both a Pfaff 7570 and a Babylock Espire. While I like my Pfaff a lot, I LOVE my Espire, LOVE it. I have more machines then I need, having a vintage Singer and a vintage 1917 Franklin (both work well)and also a BabyLock Elure serger. But if I had to chose just one machine it would be my Espire, no doubt. I love BabyLock so I'm sure the Quest would also be a good choice.