Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PICNIC PARTY by Mari Martin >

PICNIC PARTY by Mari Martin

PICNIC PARTY by Mari Martin

Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 AM

Default PICNIC PARTY by Mari Martin

I decided too late that I wanted to purchase the quilt kit from Connecting Threads. I love the pattern Picnic Party by Mari Martin (October 2012 in Connecting Threads catalog). However, when I called to see if they still had the kit available, it had been sold out.
I have been searching online to find a place to buy the pattern,,,but am getting nowhere.
Have any on you quilting gals/guys seen this pattern? Can you tell me where I can buy the pattern...I really like the bright colors that were used and would like to add this to my list of quilts to finish.

Wish I Knew how to put a picture online so that you could see the pattern that I am talking about.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 AM

I would give Connecting Threads a call and explain your problem. They may be able to put you on track to finding the pattern.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

I think there is a photo of this quilt here (scroll down past fabrics to first quilt):
http://www.beckandlundy.com/2012/08/...nia-odien.html

Your best bet may be to print a colored copy of the quilt, recreate the pattern in EQ, then buy similar fabrics.

You could also put a standing search on eBay in case a kit comes up there (where you get an email if a new listing matches what you are looking for).
Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I think there is a photo of this quilt here (scroll down past fabrics to first quilt):
http://www.beckandlundy.com/2012/08/...nia-odien.html

Your best bet may be to print a colored copy of the quilt, recreate the pattern in EQ, then buy similar fabrics.

You could also put a standing search on eBay in case a kit comes up there (where you get an email if a new listing matches what you are looking for).
Thanks for your ideas...I will try them all.

I talked with Connecting Threads...not too cordial, I will admit. I was told that the "The quilt sold out last year."---which I already knew.

The kit will be coming back but they don't know when and won't be in same colors (which is o.k since I can buy my own fabric.) I cannot buy the pattern from them since it is coming back. It is exclusive to Connecting Threads so I cannot buy the pattern anywhere else.
Since they "bought my name and address for their catalog mailing from someone else" and I didn't make a purchase, they cannot send me another catalog unless I request it (which I did--but won't be receiving one for 12 weeks and may miss the pattern meanwhile). WHEW!
Guess this pattern is just not meant to be for me.
Maybe my kids can help be put a watch on e-bay since I do not know how to do that and I don't own EQ.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 PM

I would try writing the designer and see what she says. Tell her about the difficult time you had with connecting threads. She may be able to help.

PS It just occurred to me I had a problem with a pattern by her too. Connecting threads wouldn't sell just the pattern. I had to buy the whole kit and I wanted to use my stash. I ended up finding it in a magazine. And now I can't seem to find any contact info for her.

Last edited by QuiltyReese; 03-19-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

she has one called whirlwind lap quilt pattern as a download at Connectingthreads. maybe this one will be available too soon there.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 PM

It looks like a slight variation of the Memory quilt block. Just replace those
two HST's in each corner by a 4 patch and there you have it.
http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MemoryABlock.html
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

I think you could get someone here to design it for you on EQ. Maybe PM Rhonda (who does EQ tutorials here)? You can use the advanced search option to find her and maybe others willing to help.

If you have an eBay account set up already, it's easy to save a search. Just do the search (picnic party mari martin is what I would use), when it comes up with 0 results found, look to the right of the search box and you will see a * and the word Save. Just click on Save and it will give you the option of being emailed when listings come in that match your search.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Here is the full pattern picture. It may help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402884[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails picnic-party.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 PM

Wow, that has a ton of colors in it!