Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pieced Applique by Penny Haren

Hi All,

I recently purchased the book, "Pieced Applique: Intricate Blocks Made Easy" by Penny Haren. I was wondering if anyone would like to work through this book with me.

I am thinking about everyone making their own blocks to keep, but pacing ourselves together, 1 block per week for 25 weeks, 25 blocks in the book. We could compare notes on the hard parts, and enjoy seeing photos of other quilter's blocks.

happy quilting,
    Jupiter :thumbup:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I might interested in something like this... but #1. I do not own this book. #2 I'm giong to be gone 2 weeks in Dec and # weeks in Jan....
    I guess this is not a good time to commit to a project, maybe time to commit me to the nut house!

I do not think the blocks go in any particular order... don't have to learn one before making the next one. If you are interested, you could drop in and out whenever the time was right for you.... then make up the missing blocks at your leisure or at the end of the 25 weeks.

I am trying to get my Christmas sewing done right now, so I will probably start Dec 1.

Jupiter

Blog Entries
    You may get more takers if this started the first of January... so many are busy through the end of December...
    This would also give them more time to find and purchase the book(s) too JMHO :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You may get more takers if this started the first of January... so many are busy through the end of December...
    This would also give them more time to find and purchase the book(s) too JMHO :D:D:D
    Or give them time to put in on Santa's list!!! :lol:

Scheduling to begin in January is a better idea. I had not really given much thought to people needing to get the book, plus Thanksgiving and Christmas getting closer.

So this can be our "New Year's Resolution"... A block a week!

Keep in touch if you want to play along with me.

Jupiter

Blog Entries
    I would love to play along...by then I will be able to do piecing (if my shoulder is healed). I will be able to piece small things but not quilt lg items for a few more months, so, yes I'm in.

Glad to hear that. I will go see what it take to get us set up as a group. I will post info back here soon.

I hope your shoulder heals up quick and strong! :thumbup:

Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by quilterella
    I would love to play along...by then I will be able to do piecing (if my shoulder is healed). I will be able to piece small things but not quilt lg items for a few more months, so, yes I'm in.

If you are interested, I put together a group to go through this book together:

Quilting Forum -> Blocks of the Month and Week
    Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

I hope you join in the fun. I've posted a schedule to help you decide if the timing is right for you. I hope to see you there!

Jupiter

Kas
    I can't commit, but I LOVE your avatar quilt!!! Did you make that? Can we see it bigger? Wow!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast