Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pillow quilt

Looking for the direction on how to make a pillow Quilt one that goes across both pillows like a table runner I believe.

Can anyone help?

Annette

I have seen it on TV....it is wider than the pillows, so it will look like bed spread/quilt has gone under the pillow and then across them. It is longer than the pillows, your choice of the length - whether to the edge of the top of the bed or to the end of the coverlet...our call.

i am curious also.

Why wouldn't almost any pattern work? You just have adjust your block size or block numbers to fit the finished size you are looking for.

bj
    oops! I totally missed part of your request. The first response I made had nothing to do with what you asked. I would think as long as you knew the measurements you needed, it would work up sort of like a table runner. Were you planning to put a casing on the back to tuck the pillows into, or were you just going to lay it across the top of the pillows?

bj
    Annette, I don't know if you already got the answer to your post, but Simply Quilts had a show the other day on making quilt toppers. It is episode 479, if you want to do a search on the Simply Quilts site on HGTV.com.

I found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Crabapple-Hill-Pinwheel-Pillow-Quilt-Sewing-Pattern_W0QQitemZ290137483755QQihZ019QQcategoryZ71 209QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    Annette, I don't know if you already got the answer to your post, but Simply Quilts had a show the other day on making quilt toppers. It is episode 479, if you want to do a search on the Simply Quilts site on HGTV.com.
    I tried goint to Simply Quilts and do not know HOW to bring up a certain episode....can you tell me how, please

Quote Originally Posted by dcurvey
    I found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Crabapple-Hill-Pinwheel-Pillow-Quilt-Sewing-Pattern_W0QQitemZ290137483755QQihZ019QQcategoryZ71 209QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
    Went over to see this - and, nice, but not what I consider a pillow runner. A pillow runner is just draped across the pillow(s).