Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pillow Shams >

Pillow Shams

Pillow Shams

Old 06-21-2011, 01:52 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a easy pattern for pillow shams. I am making a child's quilt & I would like to make a pillow sham to match. Thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 PM

There's a nice demonstration/directions on you tube. I've made them just by measuring a pillow case; adding inches for the top. the bottom I increased it by 12 inches and cut the piece in two pieces. One 6 inches longer than the other. Then folded one end of each piece in 3 inches after I made a one inch hem. Then I matched the front with the two back pieces - the back pieces will overlap. Sew all around the edges and turn it inside right :)

The video explains it better :)
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM

There are directions in a book by Eleanor Burns also. Sorry I don't remember the name of the book, but it was part of the "Quilt In A Day" series.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 AM

Thanks so much for the help
Old 06-22-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
There's a nice demonstration/directions on you tube. I've made them just by measuring a pillow case; adding inches for the top. the bottom I increased it by 12 inches and cut the piece in two pieces. One 6 inches longer than the other. Then folded one end of each piece in 3 inches after I made a one inch hem. Then I matched the front with the two back pieces - the back pieces will overlap. Sew all around the edges and turn it inside right :)

You can also insert flanges or ruffles before stitching all around the outside edges and turning it right side out.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell

You can also insert flanged or ruffled borders before stitching all around the edges and turning right side out.