Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pineapple Block Quilt >

Pineapple Block Quilt

Pineapple Block Quilt

Old 05-11-2015, 05:45 PM

The people on this forum are so kind and helpful with their knowledge. Love it!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:28 AM

Oh! I love what it looks like if you use the same color scheme. That would make a beautiful quilt. How kind of you to show how it would look Maniac Quilter 2
Old 05-12-2015, 02:55 AM

EQ7 is the best but for those of you who do not have it - You can play around with how a block will look when multiplied. In this case you could take the block you made and color xerox it. Alternatively, make a mock up with color paper or just color the block on paper with crayons or color pencils. Then color xerox it as many times as you wish and lay it out. It's much cheaper to play with paper than the fabric! Regardless, your quilt will be beautiful. I've never seen a pineapple quilt that isn't wonderful. Have fun (and do think about getting EQ - it's terrific).
Old 05-12-2015, 03:19 AM

Peckish - I prefer the red square block.

I am struggling mightily with this. I'm afraid I have to copy the block several times and lay it out and play with it, as has been suggested.

I get very frustrated by my inability to visualize multiple blocks. It took me 5 minutes to figure out the difference between the 2 blocks you showed was black vs red middle square. Very, very hard for my brain to differentiate.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by moneill View Post
EQ7 is the best but for those of you who do not have it - You can play around with how a block will look when multiplied. In this case you could take the block you made and color xerox it. Alternatively, make a mock up with color paper or just color the block on paper with crayons or color pencils. Then color xerox it as many times as you wish and lay it out. It's much cheaper to play with paper than the fabric! Regardless, your quilt will be beautiful. I've never seen a pineapple quilt that isn't wonderful. Have fun (and do think about getting EQ - it's terrific).
Thank you. Is EQ a software that needs frequent updates once you purchase it? Or is it good for a long time before you need to update (I have no patience for that.)
Old 05-12-2015, 03:40 AM

I like the blocks that Peckish laid out!
For that layout to work, half the blocks will need to be mirror images of the other blocks. They are laid out so every other block has the colors in opposite order.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:03 AM

Have you googled pineapple quilts/ or Pinterest?--- for tons of pics of various color ways....easier than agonizing over it jmho
Old 05-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

Some people are still using EQ5 and love it. You don't add an upgrade to your version, you buy the newest version of the program if you want it. All the information is at Electric Quilt website. The website used to have a free version called My Boutique with lots of free blocks. I don't know if it is still available.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:08 AM

I think it is beautiful. I used the book, years ago, on pineapple blocks by Jane Hall and Dixie ? The directions were clear and concise.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Does this help??? This is why I LOVE EQ7!

I love this too. How were you able to post this pic? I have EQ7 too but it only saves as a PJ7. if I missed something in my tutorials, excuse my lack of knowledge. thanks!