Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pintuck help!

How do you make pintuck?
    Do you sew the right side of the fabric together? Or the wrong side of the fabric together?

I'm so confused. I working on a purse pattern and it said to sew pintuck using 1/4".

help please?

you sew the wrong sides together. you want to take the material and measure 1/4 inch, pin it and then mark it and sew that line. I am assuming when you are done with that you are going to want to press that to one side, and then top stitch it down. Does that make any sense to you? If not PM me and i will try to help more. Terry

wrong sides together so the pintuck shows on the right side of your fabric.... gee I knew the answer :)

I haven't made them in years, but used to make them with a pintuck foot and a double needle. The machine does all the work that way. teehee There are several tutorials out there if you Google for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sheilainoz
    wrong sides together so the pintuck shows on the right side of your fabric.... gee I knew the answer :)
    Thank you so much! You're a big help!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I haven't made them in years, but used to make them with a pintuck foot and a double needle. The machine does all the work that way. teehee There are several tutorials out there if you Google for them.

I guess I'll have to look into my user guide and the pintuck foot.

I did google it but the instruction wasn't that clear. I didn't know if it the right side fabric together or wrong side fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by happynana
    you sew the wrong sides together. you want to take the material and measure 1/4 inch, pin it and then mark it and sew that line. I am assuming when you are done with that you are going to want to press that to one side, and then top stitch it down. Does that make any sense to you? If not PM me and i will try to help more. Terry
    Thank you Terry! You explained it perfectly.

Hummm...I went to a class to learn how to pintuck and we used a double needle, a pintuck foot and did it on the RIGHT SIDE of the fabric!