Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Pinwheel Project to start Feb 1, 2011

  1. #1
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    OK Who is going to join me the end of January and make pinwheels?

    I am stealing this idea from the 9 Patch Project, hope no one minds.

    Just recently someone showed how to make pinwheels buy sewing around the four edges of a square and cutting diagonially twice = 4 triangle squares=ONE pinwheel block.

    How about 3 months? Feb 1st - April 30th = 79 pinwheel blocks.

    A GREAT use for all those charm packs to choose from.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,229
    Sounds like fun. I will join you. What size are you making your blocks?

  3. #3
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,413
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    Just recently someone showed how to make pinwheels buy sewing around the four edges of a square and cutting diagonially twice = 4 triangle squares=ONE pinwheel block.
    Could you show this or explain in greater detail?

  4. #4
    Aunt Retta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    668
    This sounds great! I would like to join!

  5. #5
    Super Member Rebecca VLQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,492
    I should be un-busy by then! :D

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    Just recently someone showed how to make pinwheels buy sewing around the four edges of a square and cutting diagonially twice = 4 triangle squares=ONE pinwheel block.
    Could you show this or explain in greater detail?
    Here is the link on this board and if you scroll down a bit there is a link for a you-tube on it: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57124-1.htm

  7. #7
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda
    Sounds like fun. I will join you. What size are you making your blocks?
    I will be using 5" charm squares and will have to make one up to determine the size.
    This not a swap, they are your blocks so they can be any size you want:)

    Off to make my calendar (Yes, I bought next years already) :lol:

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    991
    Yes......love pinwheel blocks.......you can count me in!

  9. #9
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,413
    Blog Entries
    20
    Thanks!
    That makes it easy to use all different fabrics.

  10. #10
    JacquelineVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pitt Meadows, BC CANADA
    Posts
    174
    count me in!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.