Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Plaid Quilt

Has anyone made a plaid quilt?. I am interested in making one for my eldest grand son and not sure where to begin. Have a collection of plaid fabric and squares that I would love to use.
    Any suggestions for a pattern?

Blog Entries

I saw one here that was made from plaid shirts that looked great. I will try a search to see if I can find it!

I'm not finding the specific one I was looking for, but there are some great ones--I did a search of pictures with "plaid".

The plaid quilt I made was a flanne rag quilt. I absolutely love it and my kids also want it [and they are grown up.]

Why I liked making it .... I purposely cut it askew ... so that the palids weren't "perfect" and I could relas and enjoy the process. If I had cut them out perfectly I knew it would be frustrating. Now, I havbe a somewhat whimsical plaid quilt.

ali

In the Oct 2010 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting is a quilt called Plaid Tidings designed by Kathie Holland. This quilt is not on the cover of the magazine - it is on page 28. I have a small collection of plaid fabric (recycled mens shirts from the thrift store) and I was going to make a rag quilt with them --- but I changed my mind when I saw this pattern.

Blog Entries
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rrent=31b5.jpg
    i made this king size years ago out of plaids, checks and stripes. i just made large star blocks and others. no border.

Banned
    Search for a book by Roberta Horton. She wrote one several years about using plaids and stripes.

Banned
    the book "Plaids and Strips - the use of directional fabrics in quilts" by Roberta Horton is listed on Amazon.com for $3.60 There are a couple of pictures on her web site of plaid and stripe quilts.