Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Help =) had to wash before completed

You may want to keep this quilt away from kitty - their keen sense of smell can detect the urine no matter how many times you wash and he may do this again. We have to keep our bath mats up because my cat will pee on them if they are accessible.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad it cleaned out. I think redpurselady has a good thought. I know there are products that can get that out. . .

Diamond is gorgeous! What breed is she?

Stripe is cute. The little PITA!

Diamond looks like a pit bull - she is a beauty!

Yeah...she's one of my pittys...and she is afaid of the kitty..lol...she is 4 yrs old and 76lbs and the cat chases her around the house...so I seriously doubt that she scared the pee out of stripe.

I sprayed it with a urine eliminator...so I'm hoping that there isn't a reoccurence of this issue.

Kas
    Vinegar will also neutralize the odor. Is Stripe male? If so, I would get him neutered RIGHT AWAY! And a check from the vet to make sure he doesn't have an urinary tract infection. Kittens should use their litter box unless they have something wrong (or are unaltered males). An extra litter box might help, too.

Blog Entries
    Stripe is such a cutie-pie! :mrgreen: That picture is so adorable!

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    I've washed quilts before binding and it hasn't been a problem.
    me too. I got a little shredding on the 80/20 binding, but if I hadn't trimmed it first that would have been fine, too.

Try to never "Hang the quilt" to dry....whenever possible, try to lay the quilt on top of a clean sheet with indirect sunlight, this is one way since it is not bound yet, to avoid uneven borders. I do not like to use the washer, I use the bathtub or deep sink and let it sit, and gently roll the top or quilt in large beach towels to remove the water. Guess I am "'ol school" and after all the work to complete a quilt, I do not want to have a washer ruin my hard work. Good luck.

I think that cute little kitty was claiming the quilt. What better way for an animal to say this one is going to be mine. LOL He even has that look in his eyes.

We have an apt for him to get "the snip" done a week from today =)...and he doesn't have any other health issues..he's just a little devil...that look on his face in the picture says it all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast