Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help with calculations!!!

I found a pattern for a quilt measuring 52 x 70 inches. I want to make a quilt using this pattern as well as the suggested fabric. How do I figure out the additional amount of fabric I will need to complete the project for the size I want. Please help!

Blog Entries
    Need a lot more information in order to help.

I make up most of my own patterns, as many do on the board, so I'm sure we could help.

Tell us how many blocks it is, and how many different fabrics, and how much of each fabric you need now, just for the blocks. A picture would REALLY help.

also, what size do you want to make it?

I bought one of those "Quilter's FabriCalc" Quilt design and estimating calculator I turn it on and off maybe this is good place to watch and maybe learn ....

Banned
    It is difficult to answer the question without seeing the pattern and fabrics to be used.

Try this webinar - I haven't done it yet but it's probably a good one - I have the fabricalc but haven't figured it out yet either - http://www.how-to-quilt.com/fabriCalc.php

Blog Entries
    There is the fabric calculator, and websites that may help you. I just do it in my head and on paper. I guess I am old fashioned.

Thank you to everyone. I did it with paper/pencil and attempted to use the fabric calculator. I believe I have it figured out. Again thanks to everyone. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by acraftee24
    I found a pattern for a quilt measuring 52 x 70 inches. I want to make a quilt using this pattern as well as the suggested fabric. How do I figure out the additional amount of fabric I will need to complete the project for the size I want. Please help!
    Never calculate acraftee24, just buy a whole big bunch of extra fabric, and then you have all the leftover fabric for your stash :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast