Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me choose

Hi everyone, I am planning to enter a quilt in the State Fair next month. I designed this quilt and can't decide which outer border I like best. One has the American flag blocks and the other has log cabin blocks in each of the four corners. Please let me know which one you like. I am open to constructive criticism and/or suggestions. This is a great board! Thanks in advance for your help! ~Cecilia

Attached Images Attached Images

To me the flag is more striking and the log cabin more cohesive. Either would be an Americana look. I probably would leave the corner blocks until the end and make one of each and then see which I liked better. Love your design.

Love your design. Personally I like the flag corners, but Denise's idea is a good one. (I love log cabins!)

bj
    I kindof like the log cabin in the corner. But I agree with Denise, maybe leave it 'til last and try both. Love the quilt design either way!

I love everything patriotic. But on this one I would go with the log cabin brings everything together better.

Oh gee, that's a hard one. I like them both!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions everyone! I like the idea of making both blocks to see which one I like better.

Ohhh I'm lovin the log cabin blocks!! Awesome designs!!! We sure would love to get pic updates along the way please :D

They both look great. I think it just depends on what message you are trying to make with it. Obviously the flags give it a patriotic feel, and the log cabins are more homey. Either way its going to be great!

I like the flags best. But the quilt is a winner for sure with either one!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast